#online #special #education #certification #programs
UT Tyler School of Education
Master of Education in Special Education With Diagnostician Certification – Online Face-to-Face Options (For Texas Educators Only)
The application deadline has been extended to April 14, 2017 for the 2017 cohort. Applications for the M.Ed. in Special Education and for the Certification Only program, May 2018 cohort, will open on August 1, 2017.
The Master’s Degree in Special Education fulfills the educational qualifications necessary to meet the course requirements to become an Educational Diagnostician certified by the Texas State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC). In addition, courses have been aligned with the Council for Exceptional Children Advanced Special Education Diagnostician Specialist Standards.
Find out more about our program by watching our video.
Online Master of Education in Special Education with Educational Diagnostician Certification
- Complete coursework online
- Graduate in 24 months
- M.Ed.= 36 hour program
- TExES passing rates among the best in Texas with 100% pass rate putting our graduates among the best prepared in Texas
- Currently employed full-time, K-12 teachers are eligible for $200 the first graduate semester by applying for the Teachers in Excellence Scholarship
To be admitted to the UT Tyler Master of Special Education with Educational Diagnostician Certification program, a prospective student must submit all undergraduate and graduate transcripts, GRE Scores, and an online admission interview.
International Applicants: If the applicant’s bachelor’s degree is from a non-US institution, it must be evaluated by a service on this list. Also, a total TOEFL iBT score of 79 with a speaking subsection score of 26 or higher is necessary for admission.
The application deadline is February 1, 2017. All application documents must be completed and received by this date. No applications or documents will be accepted after February 1, 2017. Admission interview must be completed by March 1, 2017. Application fees are non-refundable, even if the application arrives after the February 1, 2017 application deadline.
- Send all of the following directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions at the address below:
- All OFFICIAL academic transcripts reflecting the reception of a Bachelor’s degree and any other relevant undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- GRE scores. The GRE scores will be waived if your last 60 hours GPA is 3.25 or higher or if you have a previous master’s degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Copy of your teacher certification
- Copy of teacher service record (Can be obtained from your district Human Resources office)
The Office of Graduate Admissions, ADM 345
The University of Texas at Tyler
3900 University Blvd
Tyler Texas 75799
- Once all admissions documents have been submitted. schedule your Zoom admission interview using our online appointment locator. If you schedule an interview before all documents have been submitted, the appointment will be cancelled.
Note: All applicants may be subject to a background and fingerprint check from a university-approved vendor at applicants’ expense.
Requirements for Admission:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Texas Teacher Certification (any field)
- For consideration for admission to the program, the applicant must either have a GPA of 3.25 or higher on the last 60 hours or earn at least 5 points from the following table:
We also offer a Certification-Only program for people who already have master’s degrees.
*Note: Students admitted to the Graduate School must pay a $250 admission fee to the School of Education Educator Preparation Program. This fee helps cover practicum supervision expenses. This fee is used to supplement program resources (i.e. needed assessment materials) and practicum supervision expenses.
Transfer of Credit/Experiences
In compliance with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and in accordance with the policies of the UT Tyler Graduate School, transfer of graduate credit from a regionally accredited institution is limited to six (6) hours for the master’s degree. All transfer credit must have been completed with a grade of “B” or better, completed within the last seven years, and approved by the degree-granting program. Transfer credits should be evaluated and approved during the first semester. The course being transferred into a degree program should be a direct equivalent to the course within the certification/degree program. Students who have extended work experiences that cover the content of a course should work with their advisor and Director of the School to determine if those work experiences cover course content. Students should work with their advisor to have courses evaluated for transfer.
For Program Information:
For Admission Information:
For online graduate advising or for an admissions interview, schedule your appointment using the online scheduling system.
For complaints about this certification educator preparation program, please follow the policy outlined in the Certification Program’s Complaint Policy.
The University of Texas at Tyler
Google Analytics SiteImprove Analytics Bootstrap Mini JS file TM Script UT Tyler UT Tyler UT Tyler