1 adj A closed group of people does not welcome new people or ideas from outside.
usu ADJ n (Antonym: open) It was to be a closed circle of no more than twelve women. It is a closed society in the sense that they’ve not been exposed to many things.
closed-circuit. closed circuit
A closed-circuit television or video system is one that operates within a limited area such as a building. adjADJ n
There’s a closed-circuit television camera in the reception area.
closed shop ( closed shopsplural ) If a factory, shop, or other business is a closed shop, the employees must be members of a particular trade union. (BUSINESS) n-count
. the trade union which they are required to join under the closed shop agreement.
- Interactive Databases System o. Interactive Databases System is a process of storing data in files based on interaction between pieces of data.
- online system n. a state of connectivity to the cyberspace through a medium of internet or computer network
- IEMS n. Integrated Emergency Medical System
- get smth./someone out of one s system exp. get rid of a strong feeling towards something or someone
- digital storage n. system used for the storage of digital assets.
- DCS n. distributed control system; a control system for a process or plant, wherein control elements are distributed throughout the system
- eDocuments n. the electronic contents generated by an electronic device or system in form of an electronic form or as a printed output (excluding the computer system files) are called e-documents
- FAT (File Allocation Table) n. In computer science, the File Allocation Table (FAT) is a file system popularized by Microsoft in the 1980 s in their earliest computers. The FAT file system has continued to be developed and now comes in multiple varieties such as FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and ExFAT.
- offline sytem exp. series of functions performed by an electronic system independently of (not connected to) the cyberspace.
- plug and play adj. 1. [Comp.] a device that once plugged in is automatically recognized by the system and launches the expected process without any action on the user s side; 2. [Bus.] a new employee who is able to start work without too much induction and training
- Cyber surveillance n. Cyber-surveillance is an electronic system for the surveillance of online activities, objects or processes that are operated from and on the Internet.
Welcome to English-Cobuild Collins dictionary. Type the word that you look for in the search box above. The results will include words and phrases from the general dictionary as well as entries from the collaborative one.