Know Before You Go to the Dealership
Don’t waste your time, compare multiple real insurance quotes at once!
Print your insurance cards instantly
Switch to State Farm and you could save on Home and Auto.
More in Auto Insurance
Four Steps to Switching Car Insurance
Could you save hundreds of dollars by switching your car insurance? It is a question worth asking yourself at least once a year.
How To Shop for Use-Based Car Insurance
Here’s what to consider when evaluating pay-as-you-drive and similar auto insurance policies.
How To Replace Your Car After a Natural Disaster
Tips for getting the most out of your car insurance coverage and replacing your car in the aftermath of a natural disaster like Hurricane Sandy.
Auto Insurance Articles All Auto Insurance Articles
- How To Tell If Usage-Based Car Insurance Is Right for You – 11/11/2015
- Does Your Credit Score Affect Your Car Insurance Rate? – 11/03/2015
- Should Newlyweds Combine Car Insurance Policies? – 08/27/2015
- Four Steps to Switching Car Insurance – 11/03/2014
- Young Drivers, Marijuana and Car Insurance – 07/18/2014
- How To Cut Teen Insurance Rates – 06/04/2014
- How To Shop for Use-Based Car Insurance – 02/26/2014
- Car Insurance Companies Use Facebook for Claims Investigations – 09/04/2013
- How Car Insurance Companies Handle Car Accident Claims – 07/16/2013
- How To Replace Your Car After a Natural Disaster – 12/13/2012
- How To Get Affordable Car Insurance – 10/20/2011
- Personal Factors That Affect Insurance Rates – 07/05/2011
- Pay-As-You-Drive Insurance Goes Into High Gear – 02/01/2011
- Edmunds.com Editors Shop for Auto Insurance on Their Personal Cars – 07/13/2009
- Protect Yourself From Auto Insurance Fraud – 05/21/2009
- Auto Insurance Fraud: What It Costs You – 05/13/2009
- In Under Two Minutes: Catalytic Converter Theft – 09/23/2008
- Avoiding Auto Theft and Insurance Problems – 12/19/2006
- Torch My Ride: Arson for Hire – 05/31/2006
- Car Insurance for Teenage Drivers – 04/14/2003
- How to Choose the Right Insurance Company – 02/24/2003
- 10 Steps to Buying Auto Insurance – 02/17/2003
- How to Shop for Car Insurance – 05/03/2001
About Auto Insurance
When you really need it, you will be glad you took the time to purchase good car insurance. The purpose of the articles in this section is to prepare drivers with the right auto insurance policy before it is too late. Then, if trouble strikes, you and your family and your family’s finances will be protected.
Everyone knows that car insurance can be expensive. However, in the Internet era, getting an online car insurance quote is fast and easy. With the resources and information we present here, it is easier than ever to compare auto insurance quotes. We will also tell you what differences exist between one auto insurance company and another. Basic coverage is described and comparative shopping strategies are clearly outlined. What about teenage drivers? We take a special look at shopping for car insurance for them. What if you have auto insurance but can’t keep up with the expensive premiums? We might be able to show you how to continue getting the coverage you need while reducing your payments. And, finally, what about the mysterious type of insurance called “gap insurance”? This is a form of auto insurance that usually applies to leased cars. In some cases, however, a car buyer might also need gap insurance. We’ll tell you when and how much to buy.
If you are on the fast track, and need car insurance now, we’ve boiled down all our information into the easy-to-read “10 Steps to Buying Auto Insurance.” This series of short articles is followed by a checklist that will ensure that you won’t overlook any important details as you get the best coverage available.